Thursday 20 January 2011

The Note

Entry #3

Sunday June 11th 2006

Gurnard Hunting Elite Irregular Meeting

Location: Donny’s house / Bar & Grill

I woke up at roughly 0930 knelt on Donny’s living room floor with my face nuzzled on the seating panel of an armchair. I had a heavy hangover and a nasty feeling of irresponsibility. Chuck was sprawled across a sofa and Harrison snoozing whist sat bolt upright on the other armchair. I’m guessing Donny managed to crawl up the stairs to his bedroom. Fifteen minutes later the three of us “stop-outs” were awake and silently sipping cups of tea that I made as I was the first one to stand up. From the bleak morning mood I could tell the other two were feeling just as bad, if not worse than me. I took a tea up to Donny’s room only to discover he wasn’t in his bed. There was only one other place he could be.
We walked up the garden to the Bar & Grill to find Donny lying on his back under the bar with the peak of his trucker cap shielding his eyes from morning light and puffing on a roll-up. When he picked himself up I realised how right I was to feel irresponsible, the floor was littered with empty beer cans, spirit bottles, drinking receptacles e.g. beer bongs and yard glasses, but worst of all, cash, everywhere.
As we all enjoyed another cuppa (this time made by Chuck) and a roll-up we discussed the previous nights events, starting with the hilarity of what we could remember from the latter parts of the evening and then onto the seriousness of the phone call we had received and the briefcase of money that was now blemishing the floors of this once classy establishment.
We decided it would be wise to seek the envelope the man on the phone had said he’d placed under the cash inside the briefcase. After taking a look at the floor and realising where the cash now resided our faces looked like what I can only describe as that internet smiley with an “S” for a mouth. Luckily enough it wasn’t too difficult to locate as we discovered it was taped to the bottom of the briefcase that was spread eagle in one corner of the shed. We didn’t hesitate to open the envelope, I think was about due time we read it after the previous nights shenanigans. I pulled out the note and read it aloud for the others. It Read:
“If you are reading this note then you have been selected for a top secret mission.
As I should have already explained to you via telecommunication, no more can be said at this point in time as it would prove to be too dangerous.
I urge you to meet me at the Gurnard Testing Facility at 1800 hours on Wednesday 14th June. I know you’ve never heard of this before and it is imperative that you keep its existence and whereabouts absolutely classified. You will find directions on the reverse of this note.
Enjoy your cash, for now, but if you carry out these orders correctly you shall soon be enjoying far more. “

No comments:

Post a Comment